суббота, 18 октября 2008 г.

european air fares




One really annoying thing about the food in Ireland is that is goes bad really fast. My milk curdled six days before the expiration date, two or three days after I bought it. My cheese went moldy early, my lettuce and potatoes go black and moldy after a few days, and today I found some mold on the sauerkraut that I bought last week, used once, and tightly resealed. This makes weekly shopping trips very difficult, and Iapos;m usually too lazy or tired to go down to the store midweek. So instead I go once a week each weekend, go crazy and eat a ton, then half starve myself on whatever I have left during the week. Which is not very healthy, Iapos;m well aware of. So Iapos;m trying to do better and eat a couple of good meals during the week, which usually means improvising.

This week I used the last of my spagetti to make "breakfast pasta": spagetti with scrambled eggs, carroway and sandwich ham, olive oil, and some salt. My sandwich bread had gone stale two days after I bought it, hence the use of ham. And this week I actually ate during the day, rather than at night, and made myself a "fry up" breakfast (at three pm) consisting of two eggs fried sunnyside up (first time I ever made them that way), toast, rashers (baccon), and tea. I really need to eat during the day more often. But I usually sleep to the very last minute before I have to drag myself up to bed and to school. Waking up early to eat sounds impossible.

I sort of scared myself last week because in three days I ate only a cup of noodles, and by Friday I felt so shakey that I forced myself to eat several candy bars on my way to school, hoping the sugar would keep me going a couple more hours until I could buy and make real food. It did, and I celebrated that fact and the weekend by buying porkchops from the English Market and cooking them in olive oil with Granny Smiths and the sauerkraut, and sprinkled with carroway seeds that I had to go to the Co-op to find. The result was so damn good.

Meat from the English Market, apart from being healthier and fresher, is considerably cheaper than meat from the supermarket. Four chicken filets there cost five euro; four filets at the supermarket cost thirteen euro.

Iapos;ve also made the, possibly dangerous, discovery that the frozen fries here are really good. I donapos;t like buying frozen food on principle, but these are just too good.

Iapos;m always hungry on the weekend. I eat too much. Well, maybe not, considering how little I eat during the week. But I feel like Iapos;m scarfing everything down. And I hate being in the position I am in now, having eatten a very full meal, plus a couple of "snacks," and still Iapos;m hungry. And, even though Iapos;m eating a lot each weekend, I walk enough during the week to keep losing weight, rather than gain it.

I love being able to buy food and cook here. Iapos;m going to miss that when I go back to Marlboro. I like that I can walk five minutes and be surrounded by food to buy and cook. I just wish the stores were a little bit closer.

The mere existence of this entry attests to the fact that Iapos;m hungry, so Iapos;ll shut up now.




diamonds on the inside, european air fares, european air fare, european air express eae, european air express airlines.



Комментариев нет: